Wednesday, November 23, 2011

{35 1/2 weeks}

{35 1/2 weeks}
Only 5 more weeks to go! Good thing too, im starting to get tired... well actually EXHAUSTED would be a better word... & its starting to show.
Our Dr. jut told us that after this week, baby G could realistically come whenever she decides to! This makes me nervous, yet excited at the same time :) 
At 35 weeks, im definitely starting to look & feel very pregnant. 
You know how you feel when you ride a horse for a long time & you get off & try to walk? {maybe not..} well that's how i feel haha & look apparently! I have started to do the Pregnant lady walk, not intentionally though! Thats just how it happens i guess. its impossible NOT to do it. I like to call it the "Lean back, dip & limp"  I told my husband i think i look like a gangster when i walk :) he told me he thinks i'm silly. & on top of the silly walk, i just look exhausted all the time. So i'm an exhausted gangster.. great. 

But really, this is all becoming very very real now. We are trying so hard to be as prepared as possible. I know that we will never REALLY be completely prepared, but we 're gonna try! 
I have already hooked the baby carrier into our car & loaded up the stroller too! I also packed my hospital bag last night & i have it waiting in the car. We just typed up our birth plan & have that ready too!! 
Anything else you can think of that would help us be as prepared as possible for the big day???
any advice is much appreciated :) leave a comment with your best hospital prep advice!
Happy Wednesday :) 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley!
    Since your exhausted I'm sure you won't feel like doing this.. BUT thought I would mention it to ya!
    Prepare some meals, and freeze them so you and willy don't have to spend more than 5 minutes or so in the kitchen for a meal. Or get a couple healthy (5 or more recipes) recipes for simple crock pot meals you guys can do!
    My midwife told me after the birth YOU, the Mom, should not "move" for the first 10 days or so. If you do this your healing will be faster on the "insides" if you know what I mean! ;-) No runs to the store, no runs up and down the stairs. Bed rest, Sleep, Read a Book, Sleep, Play online, Did I say Sleep?!?!
    Having meals prepped, will mean that you can rest, willy won't have to stress out too much and you two can just enjoy lifes new miracle! :-)
    If I come up with anymore ideas I'll let ya know, Happy Thanksgiving, Hope you two are doing well! Still gotta get together! ;-)
    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have your hospital bag packed?
    Don't forget to bring snacks for your husband, and things for him to do in case your there for awhile.
    Nursing tank, the gowns they give you are really awkward. Also your own slippers.
    People always tell you to bring your own pillow, but bring one for your husband too.
    Hope you don't mind me sharing, I have lots more ideas if you would like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! So I found your blog today when I was searching around for a ruffled tree skirt tutorial and I've officially read your whole blog now!! haha not to sound like a creeper or anything :) It was neat because we are around the same age and place in life, my son is now a year old though :) Just had his party last week...I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am now very excited to keep reading about your entrance to motherhood. I could never have imagined how much joy having a child could bring until it actually happened. Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you both! I am due in about 8 weeks and I am more than exhausted. You will know what I mean if you decide to have a second baby =) I remember the feeling of trying to prepare, but really, like you said there is no good way to be prepared until your little girl comes.

    The only advice I would want to give you is to be as mindful as possible when it is finally time. Savor every moment because even if you are in labor for hours it will all fade away, memorize the feeling of being pregnant because it can be weird to be empty after nine months of growing a life inside your own body, and when the baby is finally born, make sure to hold on to her tight and appreciate her to the fullest because she will look so different, even tomorrow! That is the most important part! As you hold her, the world will disappear. When my baby girl was born, the doctor placed her in my arms and it felt like it was just the two of us alone in the world for almost forever. (My husband swears she was only in my arms for about 30 seconds before they whisked her away haha!)

    Sorry if I'm getting too overly sentimental over here, but from one very pregnant lady to another...well, you know! Anyways, best of luck to you both! Just remember that no matter how unprepared you feel, you will be as good as pros as soon as that baby is in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion is to pack a bag for your hubby, too. I did a great job packing for myself, but no one ever mentioned packing stuff for him, so I never thought about it! Once we were in the hospital, he didn't have anything and had to run home all the time. I don't know how you will be, but I didn't want my man to leave my side! It would be a blessing to him if you packed the things he will need. :)

    ReplyDelete